What You Should Know about Holistic Healing in Sydney
At Empowered Alchemy, I am proud to offer therapy, counselling and coaching services aimed at bringing about holistic healing in Sydney. I often find that people aren’t sure what ‘holistic healing’ means, or what they can expect if they decide to go down this path. In this post, I’ll explain a bit more about what it means to work with a holistic healing coach—and about why holistic healing is often the best option for achieving an emotionally healthy, fulfilling life.
The Importance of Holistic Healing
When it comes to healing a physical injury or an illness, there is often an agreed-upon, well-proven set of steps to follow to reach recovery. That’s simply not the case with most emotional or mental ‘injuries.’ These wounds are often more profound and more difficult to understand, which makes resolving them more difficult. Therein lies the importance of working with a holistic healing coach.
- A holistic healing coach will take the time to understand your situation. My first step with patients, every time, is to talk through how they are feeling. Are they struggling with post-traumatic stress disorder? Do they have a fear or phobia that is impacting their ability to live a happy life? Do they simply feel lost and in need of direction? Each of these situations could require a completely different approach to healing and understanding how the patient is feeling is a vital step for me to take when determining next steps.
- A holistic coach offers a variety of different services. Holistic is defined as ‘treatment of the whole person.’ Hence, it stands to reason that a holistic healing coach would offer various holistic healing services to achieve different goals. My techniques vary from Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) to hypnotherapy to meditation—and beyond!
- A holistic coach can teach you about yourself. Sometimes, we make the mistake of thinking we know everything there is to know about ourselves. This assumption often acts as a barrier for people, because it leads to the belief that only they know how to truly help themselves. In truth, just sitting down and talking with an emotional wellbeing coach can help a person discover what’s behind their emotions, what is holding them back and how they might move beyond those obstacles to live a happier, healthier life.
Common Misconceptions about Holistic Healing in Sydney
If you decide to pursue holistic hypnotherapy or holistic meditation therapy, you might have some assumptions that you bring to the table. Here are a few common misconceptions that are worth divesting yourself of before your first appointment:
- You will not be forced to relive past traumas. Especially with people who struggle with PTSD, I sometimes find that patients have some aversion to pursuing therapy and healing due to fears having to relive the pain of their past traumas once more. One benefit of my holistic approach is that I can help my patients go deep without necessarily requiring them to relive painful or triggering memories.
- Everyone’s path to healing is the same. Again, emotional healing is not prescriptive in the same way that physical injury healing is. Everyone can find a different approach to the same destination of self-improvement. I help my patients explore emotional, spiritual and physical pathways to healing, working with them to discover what works best.
- I can’t know what to expect beforehand. If you are exploring holistic healing for the first time, you might be a bit uneasy about what you should expect. Luckily, there are ways to learn a bit more about the experience you might have. I invite new clients to read stories from my past patients on my website, to check out my FAQ section or even to contact me to learn more about my approach.
Learn More about Empowered Alchemy Today
To schedule an appointment for holistic healing in Sydney, or to ask any questions you might have, please get in touch today.